Tuesday, March 30, 2004
Day ??? If it's Tuesday, it must be Cassis!
Where do we start? Sunday, after we blogged, we walked around the Cours Madeleine and stopped at a café for Salade Nicoise and Salade Saumon. Lynne, tell Mama that when I was walking back to the car, I fell off my foot just like she did--I'm OK, but it can happen so easily. I'm anxious to hear how she is--I've been thinking so much about her. Lynnie, I know you're having a terrible time saying goodbye to Z--we're also having trouble knowing they won't be there when we get home.
Well, back to the travel log . . . After we walked for a while, we went to Cezanne's Studio. He spent his last years there and it really has been preserved just as he left it in 1906. We couldn't take pictures inside, but did take one outside.
The weather has really cooperated with us. Today we had a little drizzle and overcast but not much--besides, I love it.
Yesterday we went into the Petit Luberon area of Provençe. We saw Roman ruins in Meyrarque-then went to Cadonet (wonderful little town with ruins of a chateau on the hillside). After that, we drove to Loumarin--Oh my God, oh my god, OH MY GOD!! It was so lovely, so picturesque - we almost felt like it wasn't real. We took tons of pictures and videos. We had a picnic in our room last night because we both felt absolutely stuffed to the gills with food. We closed down the little restaurant in our hotel on Sunday--it was gluttonous. We also didn't realize that they changed their clocks a week earlier than we do.
Today we drove to the Mediterranean (town of Cassis) --ooh my God all over again. It's too hard to describe, but there are beautiful cliffs down to the ocean and the quaint little harbor with lighthouse was wonderful. We had pizza Provençale - a pichet of vin rouge - salade and café.
We are back in Aix at the cyber café and then will go back and pack to leave for Paris tomorrow. We can't believe a week is over already.
Gayle, I know that you can't join in the blog from work, but I hope you,re reading this and that all is OK with you.
I know I'm forgetting a lot but hopefully pictures will tell a lot of the story. The time difference is so wierd and our hotel room doesn't have a phone so we haven't been able to call-ut we will try soon.
Love to all!!! Sue and Tom
Well, back to the travel log . . . After we walked for a while, we went to Cezanne's Studio. He spent his last years there and it really has been preserved just as he left it in 1906. We couldn't take pictures inside, but did take one outside.
The weather has really cooperated with us. Today we had a little drizzle and overcast but not much--besides, I love it.
Yesterday we went into the Petit Luberon area of Provençe. We saw Roman ruins in Meyrarque-then went to Cadonet (wonderful little town with ruins of a chateau on the hillside). After that, we drove to Loumarin--Oh my God, oh my god, OH MY GOD!! It was so lovely, so picturesque - we almost felt like it wasn't real. We took tons of pictures and videos. We had a picnic in our room last night because we both felt absolutely stuffed to the gills with food. We closed down the little restaurant in our hotel on Sunday--it was gluttonous. We also didn't realize that they changed their clocks a week earlier than we do.
Today we drove to the Mediterranean (town of Cassis) --ooh my God all over again. It's too hard to describe, but there are beautiful cliffs down to the ocean and the quaint little harbor with lighthouse was wonderful. We had pizza Provençale - a pichet of vin rouge - salade and café.
We are back in Aix at the cyber café and then will go back and pack to leave for Paris tomorrow. We can't believe a week is over already.
Gayle, I know that you can't join in the blog from work, but I hope you,re reading this and that all is OK with you.
I know I'm forgetting a lot but hopefully pictures will tell a lot of the story. The time difference is so wierd and our hotel room doesn't have a phone so we haven't been able to call-ut we will try soon.
Love to all!!! Sue and Tom
Comments:
Post a Comment