Sunday, March 28, 2004
Day Five
We got up early Sat. AM and headed for the train station--I was wearing my little brown sweater number & Tom was in his navy blue. The train was sleak and fast. We soon got into countryside with rolling hills & old villages that looked like they were centered around beautiful old churches. It took around two and a half hours to get to Avignon. It took about the same time to rent the car. The good news is . . . "Tom is an excellent driver" . . . Must have been French in another life. Keep your fingers crossed.
It didn't take long to get to Venelles, which is where we are staying (about 10 mins outside of Aix by car). After much searching we found the Mas du Luberon which looked a little funky but the room is very unique. Tom is going to elaborate on the food because I think I've gained 100 lbs and I "settled" for the scallop ravioli - deep fried - and served in a light cream sauce. We ate at the Mas (restaurant name is La Flambee du Luberon) and it was great. I'm loving the dishes that our food is served on. They are so cute! Anyway, we had a good nights sleep and are now in Aix at this cyber cafe. I don't know how many times we can get back as parking is difficult, in fact, we hear that cars are frequently stolen--let's hope ours is there when we return. I'm going to sign off and give Tom a turn at this French keyboqrd:
Dana; I shy am to speak mais try I am. You guys all I love: Sue
It didn't take long to get to Venelles, which is where we are staying (about 10 mins outside of Aix by car). After much searching we found the Mas du Luberon which looked a little funky but the room is very unique. Tom is going to elaborate on the food because I think I've gained 100 lbs and I "settled" for the scallop ravioli - deep fried - and served in a light cream sauce. We ate at the Mas (restaurant name is La Flambee du Luberon) and it was great. I'm loving the dishes that our food is served on. They are so cute! Anyway, we had a good nights sleep and are now in Aix at this cyber cafe. I don't know how many times we can get back as parking is difficult, in fact, we hear that cars are frequently stolen--let's hope ours is there when we return. I'm going to sign off and give Tom a turn at this French keyboqrd:
Dana; I shy am to speak mais try I am. You guys all I love: Sue
Comments:
Post a Comment